|Details:||deals on domain name renewals|
Customers with domain names at Godaddy may want to consider manually renewing their domain names before the end of this year.
Businesses who renew domain name services and pay those credit card bills before the end of the year can apply those costs as tax write-offs for 2011.
Additionally, manually renewing your domains will save a ton of money over Godaddy's automatic renewal fees.
You can use and re-use codes in separate orders if necessary.
- Code cjc795dom or gdbb776 for $8.13/yr renewal of .COM domains
- Code gdbb776 for $7.68/yr renewal of .NET, .ORG, .INFO, and .MOBI domain names
- Code 749aprmo for $7.67/yr renewal of .NET and .ORG domains.
For domain name with privacy service:
You can renew domains any time, even years before their expiration date, rather than waiting until close to expiration and risk paying full price.
Their online interface, free DNS, and telephone technical support are good despite the annoyance of sifting through lots of ads during purchases.
- Code gdbb776 for $7.68/yr renewal of .NET, .ORG, .INFO, and .MOBI domain names or $8.17/yr for renewal of .COM, plus privacy service is $4/yr (total with privacy comes out to $12.16/yr for .COM and $11.68/yr for others).
SSL Server Certificates, for websites which handle secure information.
- $13/yr SSL Server Certificate.
On that page, under "Standard SSL" choose "Single Domain - $69.99/yr" and choose the years you want.
Even though the yearly prices show at least $59/yr, the price will change to $13 per year in the cart.
After it's in the cart, you can also add a 1-year registration or renewal for $2.17 (must select 1-year to get that price).
The $2.17 domain name can be any name, not necessarilly the name you're buying the SSL certificate for.
Once an SSL Certificate has been purchased and credited to your account, you can follow through the steps of creating the certificate for your website, and call Godaddy for help with the process.
Beware that Godaddy has a horrible policy of automatically renewing SSL certificates one month prior to expiration at an outrageous $69 fee.
If you are hit with such a fee, call Godaddy to cancel the transaction and manually buy another SSL certificate at a lower price.